- The Department of Culture, Participation and the Elderly has a wide range of courses and workshops, a program called 'Guide yourself through culture' which this year covers a
wide spectrum of topics, from humanities, dance and plastic arts to languages, social skills or crafts.
- This program includes activities at the Municipal Arts Center-Buero Vallejo, the Los Pinos, Margarita Burón, Viñagrande and Fuente Cisneros civic centers as well as
Culture, participation and art are hallmarks, spaces for creation and diversity, opportunities for development and social cohesion. The city of Alcorcón deserves to occupy an important space as a benchmark for cultural action in the Community of Madrid and the rest of Spain. With this mission, the department considers the following objectives.
- Facilitate access to culture for the entire population, quantitatively and qualitatively improving cultural consumption and presenting citizens with a wide range of cultural services and activities that stimulate cultural demand.
- Stimulate cultural creation through a plan to promote creation articulated in the training and support of creators.
- Promote local culture and generate traits of collective identity, as well as preserve heritage, understanding as such not only the architectural or historical but also the customs, collective memory or identity of the city. Promote the local from the here and now, creating signs of collective identity, supporting local creators or facilitating citizen meeting points, always from the interest and knowledge of other realities, to enrich ourselves.
- Revitalize the extensive network of cultural infrastructures available to the municipality, with a maintenance and rehabilitation plan; endowing it with the necessary investments so that they are accessible and effective, and respond in their operation to a general plan and to the cultural projects and programs that must be developed in the medium and long term.
- Guarantee that the municipal cultural policy attends to all citizens; attend to the cultural particularities of populations by age, gender, multicultural or diverse abilities, as well as guarantee territorial balance between the different neighborhoods of the city.
No hay eventos próximamente.
No hay eventos próximamente.
Alcorcón has a network of five cultural centers and a Municipal Arts Center, spread throughout the municipality. In these centers are carried out:
- Courses, seminars and workshops in various disciplines, on an annual basis and with open enrollment throughout the school year. The courses are for adults, children and families.
- Talks, meetings, conferences, performances...
- Exhibition halls with annual programming, where the works of different artists and groups are exhibited, both within Alcorcón and outside it.
Courses and workshops
Alcorcón has a network of seven municipal libraries. These centers offer all members of the community, regardless of their age and social situation, the necessary resources to meet their training, information, cultural and leisure needs. The great difference of the library with respect to other cultural facilities is its role of mediation and instruction.
The municipal public library has a triple function:
- Pedagogical by guaranteeing freedom of access to information and its location, in equal conditions for all, helping to overcome barriers of any kind.
- Disseminator of culture and preservation of local documentary heritage.
- Social as it is a meeting place, a community space where no one is rejected and people of different ages can coexist, with different interests and who frequent the library not only to consult its collection or enjoy its services but also see a place in it of coexistence.
Museum of Glass Art of Alcorcón - MAVA
The Museum of Glass Art of Alcorcón - MAVA, is a municipal museum of contemporary art with international works, created in whole or in part with glass, which was inaugurated on October 23, 1997 at the initiative of the sculptor Javier Gómez. The MAVA's mission is to publicize and disseminate glass as a material in contemporary art through, not only the works that are presented in its rooms, but also through temporary exhibitions, publication of catalogs, guided tours, educational workshops. , conferences and congresses, collaborations with other museums and institutions, etc.
Our ambitious goal includes turning MAVA, and with it the city of Alcorcón, into a national and international benchmark for contemporary glass art.
Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Guided tours for groups, Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Visits to schools in the municipality 'On Tuesdays at MAVA'. Every school Tuesday, target group 5th grade primary school. Guided tour of the permanent collection + Museum workshop and melted glass.
location_on How to get there
- From Madrid:
directions_transit Line 10. Joaquín Vilumbrales
train Line C5. San Jose de Valderas
directions_bus From Principe Pio: 514
- From Alcorcon:
directions_bus Lines 520 and 2
Alcorcón houses the Centro del Títere, a comprehensive center dedicated to the dissemination, study, training, creation and dissemination of the art of Puppets and which is possible thanks to the collaboration between the Fundación del Títere and the Alcorcón City Council, through the Department of Culture, Participation and the Elderly. This center also has the support of several public and private, national and international administrations. It is based in the old Miguel Ángel Blanco Civic Center (C/Siete ojos s/n).
It carries out dissemination activities and will have a museum and exhibition halls, an exhibition hall for shows, a research and creation laboratory, a documentation and archive center, a professional and open training school, among other spaces.
Friday: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays: from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Monday to Thursday: arranged visits
Entrance to the Center and exhibition: free
Activities: different prices
location_on How to get there
- directions_bus from Principe Pio 512
- train Line C-5. Central Alcorcon
Artistic technical residences for performing arts companies
This program falls within the strategic plan of the Department of Culture, Participation and the Elderly, in the line of work for the promotion and dissemination of the performing and musical arts.
Its general objectives are:
- Support for the artistic creation of scenic and musical arts
- Enrich the cultural life of the city of Alcorcón
- Promote access and knowledge of the public to the performing and musical arts
The city of Alcorcón has a wide municipal network of spaces and socio-cultural facilities, endowed among others with seven civic/cultural centers. These infrastructures allow the development of different projects that have evolved since their creation based on the various needs and requirements that have been raised to meet the objectives of the cultural policies of successive legislatures. Thanks to them, the government of Alcorcón can consider a broad, diverse and future-projected cultural policy that optimizes the achievement of socio-cultural development objectives in different areas, which complement and feed back respectively. A current and future cultural policy that includes parameters of economic development, urban recovery and promotion of the city's image, in addition to the more traditional and obvious objectives.
The artistic residency programs are key tools for achieving the proposed objectives, within the municipal projects and in total coordination with the different programs for the dissemination, training and participation of municipal performing and musical arts.
The Artistic Residences project is distinguished and complemented by other collaborations with performing arts and musical companies that have been developing and will continue to do so, and that we can call technical residences. Understanding them as support for short periods, two or three weeks, to support the end of a creative process, more closely linked to the contribution in stage programming and, therefore, in direct harmony with the dissemination and exhibition programs. They have been carried out in almost all public theaters as a support for more efficient and effective production, which allows for more enriching and rational relationships between artistic creation and public theaters. However, artistic residencies are centered on processes, through relationships that are developed over a minimum period of two years and are linked to proposals for creating audiences and supporting creation, generally permeating the institution's cultural projects.
The artistic Residencies, we are going to concentrate on proposals that, due to their artistic, social interest and their complementarity and complicity with the municipal cultural policy, allow the growth of a medium-term project that facilitates the company to develop a process of artistic creation with certain stability and, at the same time, an evolution of intervention and communication with the city of Alcorcón.
Sponsored and supported by the Community of Madrid, within its program of Artistic Residencies for dance companies and through an agreement signed by both institutions, we have the artistic residency of this company, selected because it is a company that sets a very high standard. of artistic excellence, but they also understand that a project at the local level must find communication and meaning in the community life of the city that welcomes them.
It is a young company that was born in 2019, however, it is backed by the prestige and trajectory of its two leaders and choreographers: Iratxe Ansa and Igor Bacovich, who have been collaborating together since 2013. In 2020, Iratxe was recognized with the National Dance Award. The company, both creators, have established their residence in Spain, after having traveled the world and participated with the most prestigious international companies and choreographers. They already have a great impact at the national and international level, as well as a unique track record of the most important national and international awards and recognitions.
Their creative activity is masterfully combined with their facet as trainers and their community work, since both facets are integrated into their creative work.
The DESCUBRE DANZA Program, of which the activities of its second edition are being developed this year 2022, includes workshops, exhibitions in places other than the traditional ones, open days, exhibitions and a good number of activities that aim to bring contemporary dance closer to All public.
In the following link to their website you can appreciate and learn about their work.
AMÁS FOUNDATION THEATER COMPANY
Making real and tangible the principles that, by law, must govern any public cultural policy and be its priority, forces us to propose as one of the great transversal objectives to all cultural activity that is proposed by the Alcorcón City Council, that of achieve a culture OF everyone and FOR everyone. In order for these words to be real and not to be reduced to a toast to the sun, specific programs must be established that propose as their main objective, to care for and promote, as necessary, the inclusion of artists who have had less visibility and participation. in cultural activity, such as artists with diversity.
Offering the possibility of establishing an artistic Residency project to the AMAS Foundation allows us to deepen the development of transversal programs that enrich the cultural activity of the city of Alcorcón, fulfilling the stated objective.
In its AMÁS ESCENA program, the cultural area of the AMÁS Foundation aims to train and include artists with functional diversity in the cultural and creative industry. We fully share your approach that the inclusion of artists with diversity in the creative industry is a fair and necessary step, from the perception of this diversity as an added value. The foundation's trajectory and its achievements, as well as the collaboration already begun with the Alcorcón City Council previously, deserves an exceptional and adequate capacity that marks it out as a perfect ally in achieving these shared goals and objectives.
A link to their WEB page to obtain more information and find out about their work, awards and career, both from the foundation in general and from AMAS ESCENA in particular:
Communication and News
There is still no news for this section.