The Transparency Office will be entrusted with the following functions:
- Coordination in terms of information for compliance with the obligations established in the transparency regulations, gathering the necessary information from the different departments, which must actively collaborate with it in the exercise of their functions.
- The processing of requests for access to public information.
- Advice to people for the exercise of the right of access and assistance to those in the search for information, without prejudice to the functions assigned to other administrative units.
- The preparation of reports on transparency and the right of access to public information.
- The dissemination of public information by creating and keeping updated links with electronic addresses through which it can be accessed.
- The others attributed by the legal system and all those that are necessary to ensure the application of the provisions of the aforementioned Ordinance.
- Any person or entity may request access to public information without the need to justify their request. However, the reasons that could be exposed may be taken into account when issuing the resolution.
- The right to this information will be free. However, the issuance of copies or transposition of information to a format different from the original, may give rise to the requirement of levy.
- Content of the request: it must contain the identity of the applicant, description of the information sufficient to determine the set of data or documents to which it refers, address for notification purposes (preferably electronic) and, where appropriate, the format (electronic or paper). to access the requested information, and it will be processed by the corresponding transparency unit.
- Deadlines: the resolution in which access is granted or denied must be notified to the applicant (and to the affected third parties who have requested it) within a maximum period of one month from receipt of the same by the body competent to resolve. Said period may be extended by one more month, prior notification to the applicant. In the event that the information has already been published, the resolution may limit itself to indicating how it can be accessed.
With regard to the technical principles, in addition to those stated throughout this report, the following should be highlighted:
- Public transparency, by virtue of which all public information is accessible under the terms and with the limits established by law.
- Principle of free access to public information, by virtue of which any person can request access to public information, and may be restricted, with reason, in the cases provided by law.
- Accessibility principle (developed later).
- Principle of gratuity, by which, access to information and access requests will be free, without prejudice to the legally established rates for the issuance of copies or the transposition of information into formats other than the original.
- Principle of reuse, by virtue of which the information will be promoted to be published in formats and under conditions and licenses that allow its redistribution, reuse and exploitation, and standards must be used in accordance with the provisions of current legislation.
- Principle of technological neutrality, which imposes the use and promotion of open source software in its operation and the use of open and neutral standards in technological and computer matters.