civil protection service
The Alcorcón Municipal Association for Civil Protection (AMPCA) bases its principles on the free, disinterested and altruistic collaboration of the citizens of the municipality in case of serious risk, catastrophe or public calamity, principles that fall within the public duties of citizens in the Spanish Constitution itself. Currently, the AMPCA, is made up of 40 volunteers who are attached to the Department of Security, Internal Organization and Citizen Attention with direct dependence on the Mayor's Office-Presidency and integrated into the Citizen Security services.
- There are numerous legislative references on Civil Protection that serve as a legal basis for the development of competence of the Association itself, but among them, we would like to point out that your Organization is regulated by the provisions of the Association's own Regulation, which dates from 1985 and signed by agreement in plenary session, by Law 17/2015 of July 19 on the national Civil Protection system, as stipulated in Decree 165/2018 of the Community of Madrid on Organization and Operation of Municipal Groups of Civil Protection Volunteers and by Decree 836/2012 on technical characteristics, equipment, and endowment of medical transport vehicles by road, a function that the AMPC also develops but not exclusive of others.
- The ages of the group of people that make up the AMPC are between 23 and 54 and both their training and recycling are carried out in different ways: National School of Civil Protection, Institute of Security and Emergency Training of the Community of Madrid, internal training and by other means and organizations, public or private, approved for this purpose.
- The age of the AMPCA (1985 regulation) as well as the high loyalty of some of its members (some signatories of this Regulation and others with more than 20 years of service) make it possible for the residents and citizens of Alcorcón to have a wide specialization and professionalization of volunteer members to whom to turn, in case of risk, emergencies of an ordinary and extraordinary nature, as well as those derived from catastrophe or public calamity, in direct collaboration with the paid services of the Alcorcón City Council, as well as other competent public administrations in security and emergencies. All of the above would not be possible without the help of the volunteers, who, in addition to the training received, contribute their work experience in these and other areas.
Structure and organization chart
FUNCTIONAL ORGANIZATION CHART OF UNITS
For the operation of the different services, there is an internal organization in functional units that are in charge of responding to the demand for ordinary, preventive and training services. They are divided into three operating units with their corresponding team leaders:
It is in charge of the direct provision of ordinary and extraordinary emergency services of a health nature, the planning and execution of preventive services that involve a health risk, as well as the weekly preparation of work schedules.
It is in charge of each and every one of the material resources of the AMPC for their conservation and periodic review to keep them in perfect working order.
It is also in charge of cost control and forecasting of consumables, clothing and rolling stock. They are in charge of preparing preventive services that involve risk. They support the health emergency unit in the tasks entrusted to them. They prepare the annual report of the service.
She is in charge of internal continuous training programs for AMPC staff. Preparation and execution of the dissemination and prevention plans that are established from the department of services. Preparation and execution of training plans for social groups in the city, including first aid and warning courses.
They are in charge of the operation of their corresponding unit and the supervision of the team leaders. They are in charge of the fulfillment of the entrusted services carrying out the planning, study and coverage of the same.
They are in charge of the troops assigned to their corresponding unit of competence. They plan the work to be done by the staff with the different schedules. They report weekly on the willingness of the members of their team leadership to carry out the various services, whether ordinary or preventive. In the ordinary and preventive services, they are in charge of the supervision and execution of the assigned work, being in charge of the control of the volunteer members assigned to that service.
Application for admission and requirements to belong to the group of civil protection volunteers of Alcorcón
Fill out the application and send by email to:
Requirements to be a volunteer:
- Spanish nationality or residence permit in Spain.
- Reside in the Community of Madrid.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Be in possession of an academic title of ESO graduate or equivalent.
- Responsible declaration of not having a criminal record or being disabled (attached model).
- Negative certification of the data registered in the Central Registry of Sexual Offenders, issued in the last 3 months.
- Health certificate proving " not suffering from illness, physical, mental or sensory defect that prevents the normal exercise of Civil Protection volunteer functions ", issued in the last 3 months.